LatinoRebels.com experienced its most successful month since the company launched on May 5, 2011. We appreciate the support and the love! We know that the Internet is jammed with millions of pages and we know that we are not the only Latino-themed alternative media rabble-rouser page out there (and we love them all). We have big plans for a 2012 that will put the Rebeldes in new media formats, as we share our world with you.
On behalf of all the Rebeldes, GRACIAS MIL. Without you and your support, we would be nothing, and we take your support seriously. Don't even hesitate to give us feedback, both the good and the ugly. We want it, because we want to keep improving and serving our community.
Here are the highlights of the best month in our company's existence so far:
- 41,323 visits and 58,672 page views, according to our Google and WordPress stats. Both services gave us the same exact number.
- 79% of our web traffic was new visitors. We had an average time of 1:11 per visit.
- We are now averaging 1,500-2,000 visits a day. That is a 100% increase in our traffic in just 30 days.
- We were proud to be one of the first (if not the first) US Latino pages to go black on Anti-SOPA day. We went black at 12:00 midnight on January 18 and stayed blacked until 10 pm EST. We got 181 clicks to the Anti-SOPA petition that was signed from our site. Our little contribution to the greater cause.
- Our Facebook page increased 350% in new fans, from about 3,000 to around 11,500. We know that was just pure luck and we know for all the new fans we gain, we do lose a small percentage since like we say, we aren't all things to everyone. But for all the fans who have joined our community and have decided to stay, thanks again. We are a bit crazy in what we do, but every day we try to have fun and make people pause.
- Our Twitter profile is now over 4,000 followers and we are gaining 20-30 followers a day. We anticipating breaking 5,000 followers in about a month and if all goes well, we could be around 6,000-7,000 followers by the first year of our company's official launch.
- Our current Alexa rating as of today puts us at 103,000 in the United States. On January 1, we were around 1 million in the US. We'll take it.
- We also want to thank the following people and networks: ABC, East Haven Mayor Joe Maturo, Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, Boomer Esiason, and Target.