Racist Mexican Images Surface on Public Facebook Profiles of Baylor Students

We got the following from a Tumblr fan who shared it with us on our Facebook page, proving once again that posting your racism on public searchable Facebook pages is not recommended. You would think that people would know by now.

This set of images comes from the profile of a person who is listed as a student of Baylor University and who decided to make an image of her and her friends dressed up in sarapes, sombreros, mustaches, black shoe polish and "Green Card?" signs into her public Facebook banner. When the blogger who encountered the image questioned the student, the image was changed and the profile became private.

And while you are it, why not have fun scaling a border fence while your college friends whoop it up? As the student's Instagram says of this pic (page is now deleted): "Best entrance ever #lodge #mexicans #hoppinthafence viva mexicooooo!!"

Hey, we understand that kids want to have fun, but when your ugly racism becomes searchable and available on the Internet, you might run into some problems, and this was one of those cases. Kids will be kids, but who thought that this was a good idea and who thought that posting it on Facebook on a public banner would be an even better idea?

Next time, wear togas and call it a night.

Tell Us What You Think!
Mallory1306 says:

“Divide and conquer” or “Divide y vencerás”;  “The end doesn’t justify the means” or “El fin justifica los medios”, both from Maquiavelo is what our governments want. They get more control by keeping us separated, divided by ideas without any sense. Just a thought.

EnSerio says:

Mainstream recreational marijuana use began in the United States at the turn of the last century.   After the Mexican Revolution of 1910, Mexican immigrants flooded into the U.S., introducing to American culture the recreational use of marijuana as opposed to the typical industrial uses of the plant.  It was comical folks…no different than what a cartoonist would draw up if they had to represent this part of OUR AMERICAN history in that art form.

meai says:

I’m a girl and I’m Hispanic and I think is funny. 🙂 What happened to the freedom of speech? I see now why they are in trouble.

WalterWhite says:

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

ProsperoTempesto says:

ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY! Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries. The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them. Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites. What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries? How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem? And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this? But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews. They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white. Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

JBfromNC says:

Good Ole Baylor: not quite as good as the University of Dayton, but a LOT more expensive.

JBfromNC says:

DignityPeace says:

This goes beyond poor taste. I’m guessing this was a Halloween costume party. I know campuses have been trying to create a stronger sense of awareness on costume sensitivity. Racist and stereotype based costumes are very common.

latinorebels says:

We emailed Baylor tonight to see if we can talke with them. We hope they do, and yes, agreed. @DignityPeace

baylorproud says:

As a Latino who attended Baylor, I am sure that Baylor already contacted those students. Such behavior is not accepted or taken lightly at the university. @latinorebels

latinorebels says:

We would think so @baylorproud and we have actually contact the university for comment.

DignityPeace says:

@latinorebels Halloween isn’t my favorite holiday because of the intoxication and costume selection. Still, my heart breaks for the Mexican-American kids that had to be made to feel uncomfortable because of those costumes.

Gatowithbotas says:

They also painted some “dirt” on their faces.. didn’t know Mexican costume kits also included this kind of makeup.

latinorebels says:

Yes @Gatowithbotas, you are right. We believe we mentioned the black shoe polish in the story. Thanks for commenting!

El_Wedo_Loco says:

The image is photoshopped bro, you can easily tell…be careful of the info you eat up…@Gatowithbotas

latinorebels says:

@El_Wedo_Loco the Instagram image is still up, let us know if that is photoshopped.

El_Wedo_Loco says:

@latinorebels In no way am i saying that this is right, but it looks photoshopped, like someone made this, which is more disgusting than just dressing the part…someone actually spent the time to photoshop this image…read my post up above under Blair Van der Feltz to get my true opinion on this…if i need to repost it here i will…it is sad what is happening to this world…we were so much smarter so long ago when racism wasnt a thing and we were still trying to figure out the stars…so sad that THIS is what it has come to…

latinorebels says:

@El_Wedo_Loco it is sad. But we don’t know if FB image was photoshopped because Instagram image has same elements. We did ask the person who posted Instagram image to connect with us. Cool thanks for commenting.