UPDATE, January 9, 2013, 8:35 AM EST: Santarrosa has confirmed that he resigned from WAPA. The network has yet to comment.
After El Nuevo Día reported that actor/producer Kobbo Santarrosa, the man behind the controversial “SuperXclusivo” show and the face behind the “La Comay” puppet persona, walked out of WAPA TV in response to revisions to the show announced by WAPA president Joe Ramos, Primera Hora reported minutes later that Santarrosa submitted his resignation to the network.
In fact, according to Primera Hora, Santarrosa submitted his resignation yesterday, but the network did not accept it. Updates from END said that the network tried to convince Santarrosa with an offer to change his decision, but to no avail. END also said that Santarrosa’s contract had expired on December 31.
The network ran a repeat of Monday evening’s show, and according to a source that spoke to El Nuevo Día, Santarrosa walked out of WAPA around 5 pm local time because “he was not going to do the show based on the conditions that the network imposed on him after the controversy surrounding the death of slain publicist José Enrique Gómez.”
Latino Rebels left a message with our contact at WAPA, seeking comment, but our calls have not been returned.
[…] viewers noticed something odd about the gossip show “SuperExclusivo” (or La Comay): it repeated a previously aired show. On Tuesday night, the news broke out: Kobbo Santarosa, the man behind the puppet, had submitted […]
[…] “upset with the network” after a having a meeting with WAPA management. Latino Rebels, which was the first English-language outlet to report about Santarrosa’s resignation last nigh… continues to leave messages with WAPA to get more details from them about this story, but we have […]
[…] light of recent developments surrounding the departure of Kobbo Santarrosa from WAPA TV’s “SuperXclusivo” show, WAPA released the following statement in […]
claro que si la comay es la que dice las cosas como son si se va de wapa el caso de lorenzo y de paredes se van a quedar sin aclarar la comay tiene que quedarse ahi deben estar supercontentos lo cacchos y el caso de la paredes
Its very sad that this program was not suported by the canal Wapa for which he dedicated 14 year sucessfully. This program provided comedy, laught, awareness, infact he was like a mother providing advisor to our youngter, to the olders behavior. “He dicho nombre yo”. Este artista ha desarrollado un talento atraves de la Comay que ha logrado a la conciencia de los Puerto rriquenos. Creo que pudo mas el dinero para Wapa y quitar el programa que dejar el unico programa que se indentifico con su jente haciendo casos investigativo. Que paso con el nino Lorenzo” Aqui en California el mero hecho que el menor estaba bajo la custodia de la madre positiva a droga es sentencia por negligencia y carcel. Que pasa en PR siguen durmiendo los jueces. Necesitamos La comay.
[…] years after Kobbo Santarrosa’s then top-rated “SuperXClusivo” show was canceled by Puerto Rico’s WAPA-TV due to a boycott caused by the show’s history of racist, […]
[…] Friday, Santarrosa and his puppet character —whose then top-rated show was previously canceled in 2013 by WAPA TV after a successful boycott movement pressured advertisers to not sponsor the show due to […]
[…] from his job on Super Xclusivo which aired in WAPA TV —the #1 TV show in Puerto Rico— after a boycott calling for his ouster was […]
[…] Once again (as if we needed even more examples), Kobbo Santarrosa and his La Comay puppet crossed yet another line that has led to resounding condemnation by artists such as Bad Bunny, politicians from all ideological stripes and essentially all of Puerto Rican social media. […]
[…] We actually have an entire category about Puerto Rico on our site that is 45 pages long as of 2017, and those stories don’t even include what happened in late 2012-early 2013, when La Comay was let go from WAPA-TV. […]