You would think that the bipartisan push for comprehensive immigration reform would be seen as positive development by many Americans, but alas, it is not. We are pretty sure that the following video posted by a YouTube channel called “Nobama Period” must have had the uploader gritting his or her teeth. (FYI: You can see the entire 40+-minute press conference here.)
Even though the new proposals contain an earned path to citizenship, don’t tell that to the nativists. The A-WORD is back! ALERT! ALERT!
All you need to do is read the following email we received today from the Mississippi Federation for Immigration Reform and Enforcement (don’t ask us how we got on the email list, but we did). Read on.
Obama to Announce Immigration Plan Tuesday
Tell Congress You Oppose Amnesty!
Tomorrow – Tuesday – Mr. Obama will travel to Las Vegas to announce his plan to grant amnesty to the 11-12 million illegal aliens living in the United States. The President’s speech comes only days after the President met with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus at the White House to reiterate that he intends to prioritize a mass amnesty bill, and just one day after a group of bipartisan Senators released their plan for amnesty legislation!
MFIRE is urging our members, activists, and supporters to call their Representatives and SenatorsNOWand tell them they oppose giving amnesty to illegal aliens!
Tell them you oppose amnesty because:
- Granting any legal status to illegal aliens unfairly rewards law-breaking.
- Granting amnesty to illegal aliens will not “solve the problem once and for all.” We learned this after the 1986 amnesty. Instead, granting amnesty will do nothing but encourage more illegal immigration. Will Congress once again be calling amnesty the solution to illegal immigration in another 10 years?
- Granting amnesty to illegal aliens is fundamentally unfair to individuals all over the world who are patiently waiting in line to come to the United States legally.
- Granting amnesty to illegal aliens unfairly adds millions of legal workers to the domestic workforce when 22 million Americans are either unemployed or underemployed. Moreover, those workers that are hurt the most are often legal immigrants working in low-skill, low-wage jobs.
- Granting amnesty to illegal aliens will not secure our borders, will not improve national security, will not end fraud in the immigration system, and will not fix the problem of visa overstays.
Finally, tell your Representative and Senator that you oppose amnesty because the Obama Administration has utterly failed to enforce our immigration laws. To expect them to do differently this time would be foolish. Tell them any law is worthless unless the President fulfills his constitutional duty to faithfully execute the law
Amnesty advocates are already emailing their supporters, telling them to urge Congress to pass amnesty legislation. They insist that the American people want amnesty, and unless you call your Members of Congress NOW and tell them you oppose any bill that gives legal status to illegal aliens, the only voices they hear will be those who defend illegal immigration.
It is amazing to read this. The next time you read it, insert the word “Latinos” instead of “illegal aliens” in the email, and you get the point. Also, these guys won’t even cut Obama some slack? He is the country’s Deporter-in-Chief. His Administration is on pace to deport over 2 million people by 2014, but guess that doesn’t work for the nativists.
Numbers USA also issued a very telling statement, under the title “AMNESTY ALERT:”
AMNESTY ALERT: Call your Three Members of Congress and tell them ‘NO to Amnesty’
Monday, January 28, 2013, 8:59 AM EST
A Senate ‘Gang of Eight’ that includes Republicans Marco Rubio, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and Jeff Flake and Democrats Chuck Schumer, Dick Durbin, Bob Menendez, and Michael Bennet have reportedly come to an agreement on a comprehensive immigration reform package that would include an amnesty for the nation’s 11 million illegal aliens. An agreement between Reps. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.) and Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) is also being finalized in the House. CALL YOUR THREE MEMBERS OF CONGRESS AT (202) 224-3121 AND TELL THEM “NO AMNESTY.”
Tell your Three Members of Congress how ridiculous it is that Members of Congress are rushing on immigration reform just to stay ahead of Pres. Obama’s announcement that’s expected on Tuesday, Jan. 29. Also tell your Members that an amnesty is premature before E-Verify is mandated, an entry-exit system to track non-immigrant visa holders is complete, and chain migration and the visa lottery have been eliminated.
Looks like this is going to uglier before it gets any better. Suck it, nativists.